Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Reading Response

In team 184 we are writhing letters to Mrs.Kaufman
about what we see, hear, and feel in our minds as we read. 

So, if we are reading Judy Moody Saves The World, We would start out:

Dear Mrs.Kaufman,

I am reading Judy Moody Saves
The World we would say I can see Judy finding
her flashlight and her notebook. Then you can say I can hear the stairs creaking when she is walking
down the stairs. Or we can say what we are wondering. So I would say I am wondering if her mom, dad, or her brother Stink can hear her getting
down stairs. I can say I am thinking will she get
in trouble for waking up so early? In the letter we
are making, we can ask questions like,  "Why is she
getting all the stuff?"

Using your sensory imagination helps the reader make connections, ask questions, and understand the story better.  Why?  Because it gets you deeper into the story and then you care more. 

By Teamate KH and Mrs. Kaufman

No comments:

Post a Comment